FE motor mounts for CV swap

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

FE motor mounts for CV swap

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Was looking for ideas for motor mounts to make to use the FE that's in my project truck and came across these....

https://www.outcastautoworks.com/produc ... -mount-set

Anyone ever used these or know anything about them? Would save me alot of fab work.....I can make and tack everything so someone else can weld it (I suck at welding.... :cry: ) but for that price I might go this direction...... :hmm:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Twisted_Steel

Re: FE motor mounts for CV swap

Post by Twisted_Steel »

You can buy alot of welding rods/wire to practice with and gain a skill for alot less than those mounts cost. I saw those mounts and thought of welding up either some channel or square tubing with slots cut out for the bolt hole.
Depends on how soon you need the stands if you can take that much time.
Best of luck to ya!
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Twisted_Steel wrote:You can buy alot of welding rods/wire to practice with and gain a skill for alot less than those mounts cost. I saw those mounts and thought of welding up either some channel or square tubing with slots cut out for the bolt hole.
Depends on how soon you need the stands if you can take that much time.
Best of luck to ya!
I don't need them right now.....happened to see them and thought it might save me some time.......as far as learning to weld i would like to take classes at the Vo-tec that I went to in HS to be a machinist - just gotta find the time - working 2nd shift 6 days a week doesn't leave me any time to do it right now.......and I sold the welder i had 6 years ago when we went to 32 hours a week and needed money thanks to a certain someone in the WH so I don't have anything to practice with right now anyway....... :x
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
Twisted_Steel

Post by Twisted_Steel »

I've felt your pain with the overtime and then the short hours. Many moons ago we worked 3rd shift, 7 days a week. Did that for 5 years