Bed Swapping?

Moderator: FORDification

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Bed Swapping?

Post by rjewkes »

Ok what is the best way to remove the bed from our trucks(safest without removing bumper)?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Bed Swapping?

Post by FORDification »

Buy yourself a case of beer and invite a half-dozen of your buddies over for a bed-removal party. :burp: Just unbolt it from the frame, disconnect the wiring, and then lift it straight up and then back onto some sawhorses.

If you're replacing a rusted-out box and the one currently mounted isn't worth saving, I'd just unbolt it and then flip it off onto the ground.

I just sold a longbed box and will be removing it next weekend, but I have access to a boom truck, which will make things much easier. We just have to rig up a sling to lift it off the truck and onto a trailer.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
'75-4x4guy

Post by '75-4x4guy »

I used a chain fall that was/is chained to a tree in the yard and well pull the beds and cabs with that .
Jon
bm52

Post by bm52 »

Me and a buddy took mine off a couple of weeks ago, with the bumper still on. Just 8 bolts, but they were rusted up pretty bad. The two of us were able to lift it onto a trailer with no problem. However our bed removal project required a case of beer, and then a bottle of Crown Royal before we got it off.
1969 F100 SWB 4x4
2001 F150 Sport
1977 Camaro Coupe
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Ok, Cool. I'm starting to think I Might pick a good truck from the junk yards in little rock area.And then i'll turn mine into a major project and do a touch up and any repairs needed on the junker it may only need to borrow my 360/C6 until i rebuild the one in it if it has one.I Know my motor is worth it becuase it runs good and starts near instantly 1-3 turns of the key.Sometimes a little throttle but once it is up it is up. So far i know it to be my pos carb.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com