Windshield install link

Moderator: FORDification

Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Windshield install link

Post by Sharkdance »

Greetings all,

Have spent the last 45min searching the forums for a link regarding installing the windshield. I was sure that I had saved it but now I cant find it.
It was an excellent link to a step by step tutorial complete with pictures showing a front windshield install. But I don't remember which thread it was in.
I found this link http://www.usglassmag.com/AGRR/Backissu ... /retro.htm which I think is it but when I click on it, it ask for a log in. I don't remember having to log in to view the link that I am looking for back when it was first posted.
Anyone remember which link Im talking about? Any help is appreciated as Im gonna try to install mine today.

Thanks
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Windshield install link

Post by FORDification »

Yes, that's the correct link. Actually, it's the first one on the list of Technical Articles on the links page. However, I'm getting the same log-in request, so they've apparently reconfigured their site to be a pay-site. That's too bad.

Normally when I find a good article like that one I'll copy it to my hard drive for future reference, but this one didn't make it, unfortunately.

:(
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

you can get on that site for $19.00 but thats just for one day lol
steve
Life is 90% how you take it10% what you make it
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Sharkdance »

Thanks for the reply. Too bad about the reconf. as a pay site thing. That was a good article. Wish I would have saved it myself. But Im not going to join just for that one article.
It was all of the same info that has been shared here, cept it had some great illistrations.
Anyway. Im gonna practice by installing my rear glass first since its the same type of gasket (double groove). That should help me get more familliar with the process of installing the front glass since its the same type of installation, just bigger glass.

Question:
Does the rear glass require any type of sealer between the gasket and the pinch weld? How about between the gasket and the glass.
I dont remember any sealer there when I took it out.
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

I hope you are better at window installation than I. It sounds easy but I sure have a hard time with it. Here's a couple of photos of the installation of my rear window ( paid a guy to do it; it took him ten minutes).
jor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.