100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

they came from a 67 pickup you can see it in the last four digits. 67 tk
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Rear reflector mystery

Post by FORDification »

I believe those '67TK' reflectors are actually a one-year-only item for '69, since '67-'68 trucks didn't have rear reflectors. They might have been used on early Econolines, but I can't find a picture of one anywhere to verify that. I did find a pic of a '69 van, but those reflectors are much more square than the truck versions.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

Thanks Keith.....I think you're right because mine are definately rectangular and NOT square.Also,the chrome "baseplate" that holds the reflector lens tapers in thickness(thinner at the top-thicker at the bottom rather than being of uniform thickness.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

capeclassics: I just checked out your gallery and saw that you indeed have the '69-only version of rear truck reflectors.

Also, it seems you saved Joe's thumbnails to your gallery, but not the full-sized versions. I'd delete those thumbnails and upload the full-size pics, so we can admire that beauty! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Both versoins look good, sperately veiwed. I think i have the 70 tk on my 71 or 72 bed trailer. they look awesome drivers is split down the center or cracked anyways.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com