Under Hood Insulation

Moderator: FORDification

capeclassics

Under Hood Insulation

Post by capeclassics »

Did our 67-72's ever come with underhood insulation????I don't ever remember seeing any on a truck but seems like all the cars had it.Just wonderin.........
Big D's 69
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Big D's 69 »

I have never seen one with it and I had seen a 67 that had never been restored up till a few years ago. I don't think it was even an option.
1969 Ford F-100. 302 4 barrel, C4 auto, 9in 3.50 open rear, headers, power steering, Turq/wht, Under restoration. In other words, in a million pieces!!!

There is no Replacement for Displacment!!!

My Photo Gallery: http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?album=655
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Under Hood Insulation

Post by FORDification »

No, they never came with underhood insulation. Considering the amount of air-space between the engine and the hood, it really isn't needed. There's enough air circulation there to prevent engine heat from damaging the paint on the hood.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: re: Under Hood Insulation

Post by Joe Kriston »

FORDification wrote:No, they never came with underhood insulation. Considering the amount of air-space between the engine and the hood, it really isn't needed. There's enough air circulation there to prevent engine heat from damaging the paint on the hood.
I guess I never really thought about it,but I didn't know that was why they put insulation under the hood....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

Deadens sound. Also used on other flat panels.