2150 will not run

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Guthma

2150 will not run

Post by Guthma »

Ive got a 1972 f250 with a 360. im trying to get a motorcraft 2150 working on it. Right now ive got holley 4412 running on it but it doesnt have choke. makes it super annoying to start up in the morning. I know it has spark, the timing is right, no vacuum leaks, with the holley it runs great once it warms up even a little. but once a take the holley off and slap on the 2150 nothing. a few burbles like its trying to run the first time i put the motorcraft on, but then nothing. i rebuilt the 2150 all the passages are clean and free and it has 57 jets in it. i can see the squirters work when i work the throttle and, the carb neck will be foggy with gas after cranking for a spell. when i remove it the intake is wet, slap the holly back on, bang fires right up. i went thru checked everything electrical, it had a few issues like old wires and dirty points, but all that is fixed and still nothign with the 2150. and with the holley the truck runs really really great, im just trying to fix the cold start issue without spending a bunch of money. any advice would help. thanks
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 2150 will not run

Post by cep62 »

:wel:
Welcome to our site.

Do you have a spacer with a PVC port ?
or a 4bbl to 2bbl adapter ?

if you don't have the right gasket you'll have a big vacuum leak , which will cause a problem.