What's the diifference between these two mirrors?

Moderator: FORDification

hmills

What's the diifference between these two mirrors?

Post by hmills »

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the truck and car sport mirrors? is one larger than the other?

C7AB 17743A

D3TB 17743
Herb
'71 F100 Sport Custom; LWB 302/Auto
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: What's the diifference between these two mirrors?

Post by Joe Kriston »

I called the guy at Vintage Ford Parts and he told me both of those are(were) car numbers....He also told me there was a slight difference in size between the car and truck mirrors...He said that for years,Ford just used the car mirrors as a replacement for the truck mirrors....And he further told me,that when he gets the new replacement truck mirrors,they will be metal,and that all the chromeplastic ones I've been seeing out there must have been replacements from NAPA or someplace...So now,I'm afraid I'm more confused than you....He said when the new mirrors come in,they will be about $40 apiece and all metal,but currently,they're having problems with the chroming process...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
hmills

re: What's the diifference between these two mirrors?

Post by hmills »

Hey Joe. Thanks for making that phone call. That's interesting. So I guess I would prefer to buy the truck mirror since it is larger than the car mirror. Now I wonder what the part number is on the mirror on my 71 F100. The mirror just seems small. And there's no mirror on the passenger side - thus the reason I am interested in another mirror or a pair of mirrors. I have seen NOS mirrors running for as much as $130 on Ebay and good used mirrors selling from $20 - $60. I'll keep hunting. thanks again. Herb
Herb
'71 F100 Sport Custom; LWB 302/Auto