f-500 windshield

Moderator: FORDification

skippy

f-500 windshield

Post by skippy »

I have a 72 f-100 stepside i am working on and it has a cracked windshield. I just got a f-500 dash cluster out of a junkyard and the windshield in the truck was have out due to cab damaged and in good condition. Will this fit my truck?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i don't think the mitchell manual said any thing about f-500 or 600 when i looked that up for myself. it did say that mostly from 67-79 f-100 thru f350 would interchange. the only anomaly was whether the windshield had a mirror on it or not.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: f-500 windshield

Post by Joe Kriston »

If the F500 is a 67-72 it will fit...The cabs are the same,same dash(other than a different guage cluster),doors etc. ...Mine even had the same steering wheel....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

but there is a few differences. like no cut-out for the sreering wheel in the dash.

But I would think the glass will fit, IMHO
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

72hiboy4x4 wrote:but there is a few differences. like no cut-out for the sreering wheel in the dash
I meant besides that :D ....Now that you mention it,the cab is much higher above the front axle on a 2 1/2 ton truck than on p/ups,so the angle of the steering column is different IIRC...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!