CHOP TOP

Moderator: FORDification

marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

CHOP TOP

Post by marz68 »

Does any bod have pics or know were I can find some pics of a 67-72 fa100 with a chop top. My friends keep buging me to chop the top a few inches but I need to see one first to see If I will like it. Some guy told me that he saw one with a chop top and it also had a body section(removed the entire bump side) and that it did not look good. Mabe I can do some cutting and pasting on the computer before I do it to the real thing. What do you guy's think should I go for it or not?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

where would a person get glass if they chopped the top? would you have to have it custom made? if so i wonder what that would cost.
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

We have a guy that does custom glass for us at the shop. I have seen him shave the tops of the glass to make them fit and the rear glass is a easy fix no problem there.
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: CHOP TOP

Post by GT-Racer »

We discussed that a few times on here marz. And here http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =chop+tops
is a link to some pics.

Personally A very MILD chop would look good. But then why bother with all the work for just an inch or two. My two cents, I hate the radical chops.

The one we discussed earlier made a short bed look like a long bed due to the chop.
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

Thank's GT I should of checked before doing this post. Is this truck in the photo gallery?
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

re: CHOP TOP

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

I dont like telling people what to do with their truck, but I like how your truck is now. A chopped top does not look good to me on these trucks. I agree with everyone else is make it look like a lwb. Nothing wrong with a lwb, I have 2 of them. :lol: But didnt you convert yours to a swb? Seems kind of like a step backwards.
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

Your right if it makes it look like a L bed then it's just a step backwards. I also like long beds but I don't want to go back.