67 fender and door trim

Moderator: FORDification

wn. 68 ranger

67 fender and door trim

Post by wn. 68 ranger »

would i be smart to get this trim off a truck in our local wrecking yard , i have a 68 , i noticed the 67 trim sticks out further,i noticed most of the parts catalogs dont sell it . mike
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

depende if you need it and if you would mind haveing it on your truck also if its the same i think the trim your talking about may be narrower than the trim on a 68 but i would check the trim and insignia page first to make sure.
wn. 68 ranger

re: 67 fender and door trim

Post by wn. 68 ranger »

i was just thinking about shelving it , mabe worth a bit if they dont repo it someday :hmm:
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: 67 fender and door trim

Post by FORDification »

All the side trim is being reproduced these days, so replacement just means coughing up the $$$.

I'm not sure what you mean by the '67 trim sticking out more. The only difference between the '67/early-'68 and late-'68/later trim is that the early trim is a little narrower. It isn't any taller and shouldn't stick out from the body any farther.

However, even though the side trim is being reproduced, it's expensive and often out of reach for some, so any time you find good straight trim on a junkyard truck it's always a good thing to grab, just to help others out who can't afford reproduction pieces.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!