cracked differential housing

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

hillbillyhighboy

cracked differential housing

Post by hillbillyhighboy »

My front diff. housing is cracked and was welded(crooked) by the previous owner and trashed all the gears bearings and seals. My mechanic isnt working with me and has had my truck for two months and apparently aint found one yet. He has everything but the housing itself. It is for a f-250 Spicer mould 44 front end with Warren style steering, knuckel inclosed axel joints 4.09 ratio D3TA-HA 603396-1 I am going to talk to him again tomorrow but I am almost sure he aint found one yet. I told him to let me know but I guess thats too much to ask? If you got one let me knowplease. Ive hardley got to drive it since I bought it as the drive train has been pretty much trashed by the previous owner. I have a new power steering kit to put in and want my truck back so bad. I just found a ton of new trailes to ride and have to ride shotgun in my budddy's jeep, instead of rumbling along in my beast. It's driving me insane. Oh then I go to the local tractor pulls and tough trucks etc. and listen to all the v-8's scream and I nearly break down and cry for my need of a ride in Old Blue. Sorry I guess I needed to vent, thanks for reading yall. Happen to have that diff. housing? I do have one local guy I am going to ask but it never hurts to see whats out there right. Sincerely Ford Truck lovin, Hillbillyhighboy P.S.Good day Yall
Highboys are straight from Heaven, thank God I'm a countryboy. This web site is a life saver for me. Keep on Keepin on!
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by heep70 »

Check with Faithful Old Road Dog (F.O.R.D.). He has or had one for sale. It might cost you a couple hundred to ship it out. Open thread. http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

If you plan on wheeling this rig hard. These axles will crash. Most of them break at the knuckle. You might want to consider a D60 or at the least an open knuckle D44. I wheel mine on light to moderate trails it does fine. I just don't ram it over stuff. I have a HD D44 (closed knuckle Bigball) w/ a Power-loc.
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
hillbillyhighboy

re: cracked differential housing

Post by hillbillyhighboy »

Thanks greg, I think I should get a stronger axel now instead of paying twice plus iI need to get my pig angled to account for the lift anyway. Thanks man I appreciate it.
Highboys are straight from Heaven, thank God I'm a countryboy. This web site is a life saver for me. Keep on Keepin on!
pat67shorty

Post by pat67shorty »

get a 78/79 axle. High Pinion, Disk brakes, open knuckles. D60 would be better.
'67 SWB, 1970 car 390, Edelbrock Streetmaster intake, MSD 6AL, 780 Holley, Hedman headers, 2.5 duals, 3.54 D44 L/S, C6.