Cam recomendation 351w

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

gonzalo medina
Preferred User
Preferred User

Cam recomendation 351w

Post by gonzalo medina »

I'am currently building a 351w. The foundation is a 95 351 roller block and supposedly HD truck rods. I'm looking to have a true 400hp motor which will be going into a street driven mustang. I know the cam basics but am still comfused as of what to look for as far as specs. I know if you over cam the engine you will end up with an over idiling slug, I also know you will be wasting engine if you don't cam enough. I will be running aluminum heads from AFR which have 185cc intake runners, 58cc cumbustion chambers. I will be running 10.1 compression with headers and a dual plane intake. I plan on making the valvetrain full roller,and will be running a c4 automatic and 3.50 gear. Any credible suggestions would be greatly appreceated, I'am looking for a reliable street engine with plenty of go go. :thup:
texrodder

Re: Cam recomendation 351w

Post by texrodder »

Did a similar setup in my 56 Fairlane I used a Ford motorsport F303 cam,it ran awesome,the only difference was I ran GT40 upper/lower and larger injectors/maf/throttle body,easily over 400 horse,idle wasnt as bad as it was in a 5.0,really nice street motor,ran a 2500 stall converter in the AOD was about perfect stall range.Here is link to specs.http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku