Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

HRDROKN
Preferred User
Preferred User

Aftermarket Radiators...

Post by HRDROKN »

Hey Guys....

I'm wanting to replace the radiator in my 69 F250 for my Cummins conversion... and I'm looking at the unviersal fit rads from Jeggs and Summit.

Anyone have any experience with these... will they be able to do a better cooling job over a stock radiator or just look good?

:?
'69 Ford Cummins Crew Cab... Built 6BT main & head studs, ported & oringed head, springs, Ti retainers, marine cam, tweaked P7100, 4K gov kit, NV4500 w/1.375" input, Southbend 3600# DD clutch, NP271 w/SYE, D60 HP front, high steer, 16" coilovers & 4-link, D80 w/disc rear, 4.10's & LSD, spinning 38" x 14.fiddy's on classic slots..... more coming!

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=23267
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Aftermarket Radiators...

Post by fordman »

are they crossflows or ford flows. meaning up and down. are they aluminum one tubers or copper 3 or 4 tubers? i think the crossflows would take a few holes drilled int he core support to mount them. the stock ones just bolt right up. you would want a stock one with atleast 3 tubes if not 4 tubes. or rows of tubes i should say. a 390 with a/c takes 3 tubes. the 4x4 390 with a/c takes 4 tubes and mounts differently to the core support.