A couple Of ? about stuff I'm looking at

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

A couple Of ? about stuff I'm looking at

Post by FordTruck »

I've been thinking about getting this fuel filter because my trucks sucking up some pretty nasty stuff out of the tank every once and a while so I'm thinking about getting this and also I think it would look cool too. Any thoughts on it if I'd be worth it. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

Also has anyone done anything with the dual oil filter kit. Will it drop my oil presser alot to be bad for the motor? and also would I have to get a deeper oil pan?
Here's the kit http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
"Flyin High On Caffine And Copenhagen" R.I.P Chris LeDoux

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
72 Ford F100 on 79 4x4 SWB frame
77 Ford F250 "lowboy" 4x4
09 Harley Xl1200c
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: A couple Of ? about stuff I'm looking at

Post by rjewkes »

as for the fuel filter if placed before the fuel pump it could save the pump. as for the oil relocation double filter kit, why does it need two filters and who needs the filter upto eight feet from the engine? just sounds like someting extra to go wrong while driving. pluss it would probably up your oil requirement by 2 or 3 quarts. I can only see it if you need the extra room to get a big block into a little ranger or an isuzu.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

Yeah I re thought it over I think I'll olny go with that fuel filter,because it's sucking some nasty stuff every once and while :roll:
"Flyin High On Caffine And Copenhagen" R.I.P Chris LeDoux

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
72 Ford F100 on 79 4x4 SWB frame
77 Ford F250 "lowboy" 4x4
09 Harley Xl1200c
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Just my opinion: A snazzy $30 fuel filter isn't going to do any more good than a standard replacement filter...it's simply going to catch crap coming from the tank. It's still going to get clogged up as often...actually, with a smaller screen, it's probably going to get clogged up even faster. Instead of trying to put a BandAid on a broken arm, why not fix the problem? Which is, of course, a nasty fuel tank. Take it out, clean it out and seal it, and reinstall.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!