painting a 70 grille?

Moderator: FORDification

BCOOLEY

painting a 70 grille?

Post by BCOOLEY »

I am painting a aluminum grille for a 1970 truck! I scuffed it up and primed it,and then painted one of the headlight doors with a silver aluminum looking paint! It looks pretty good! I plan on clear coating it and repainting the blackout spots. For just a little time I took a trashe out looking grille and it looks real good for a driver! Has anyone else done this? Any thoughts?
FORD BUILT EM TUFF WE BUILD EM BETTER!!
greenbank

re: painting a 70 grille?

Post by greenbank »

Sounds like a great solution to me. Probably one guy in 20 might notice, and for a driver its perfect. I actually made a pretty convincing (for a casual glance) fix of a chrome wheel with the "chrome" paint you can buy at auto parts places.

Good luck!
1968 F250 Ranger Camper Special
-- 360, AT, PS, PB, disks
-- See Goldie
morganater

Post by morganater »

Yeah i've done some of those "20-footers" or casual paint jobs... with a rattle can (the whole truck). LOL! I've also pulled one of those expanding foam rust hole jobs (in a totally rallied door anyways) :lol:
1969 f100 swb ranger 460 - parting out
1968 f100 swb 429 - decking out
94 Jeep I6 Back-up vehicle
reppin' AK
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

look at the cacwby its grill is painted to match the front of the truck and looks nice.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com