Wiper Motor Install?

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
71Ford

Wiper Motor Install?

Post by 71Ford »

I went to turn on my windshield wipers today and they went half way up and stopped. I replaced the inline fuse, but the wipers are still stuck in the up position. If I turn the engine off but leave the ignition to the on position I can hear a buzz sound every once in a while coming from the wiper motor.....I placed my fingers on it and can even feel a slight vibration that corresponds to the buzz sound. How much is just the motor? Does Autozone/O'Reilys carry this?

Thank you. :(
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... p?pos=-851

71 XLT RANGER ->203,000+MILES/NOT REBUILT

99 GMC 4x4 Suburban, 94 Saturn 200k, 03 Chev Venture
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Wiper Motor Install?

Post by FORDification »

Hmmm....don't think I've ever heard of one of the wiper motors going bad before. Yes, you should be able to get one through any of the major parts outlets. I just check O'Reilly's website, and they have one for $54 and a limited lifetime warranty.

I've got about a dozen good used units in the shop...I'd let you have one for half that. ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
agricola.versailles

Re: Wiper Motor Install?

Post by agricola.versailles »

Check the motor before to buy a replacement. Connect the white wire to the +12 V. If it works, check the wipers switch. In this site you can find a lot of diagrams and tips to check both.

Regards,
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Wiper Motor Install?

Post by jor »

A little caveat: Be very careful sticking your fingers up there around the wiper motor. If it starts up those wiper levers will grind up your fingers.
jor