100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

here kitty kitty
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: blue68's Grill

Post by hardtailjohn »

She used EasyOff Heavy Duty... she said don't get the fume free stuff..it's not as good. She let it soak on there until about dry, then scrub with a scotch brite pad... she used the maroon ones... it didn't just fall off, but it came off without too much swearing... :lol:
JH
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
blue68

Post by blue68 »

I've been wondering... How am I supposed to know that I've actually cut through the anodizing? It seems like I didn't, because once I started sanding (after the Easy Off drenchings) with the 900 grit, it got NO shinier... it turned white. and then I put on mother's aluminum polish, and it turned back to normal.

I just don't know how to tell if the anodizing's gone, but I'm thinking its not.
Big D's 69
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Big D's 69 »

You will be able to tell when you get it off and you start polishing it. It will turn black where you are polishing it. But when you get it off and polished you need to seal it with zoop sealer or something or you will have to repolish all the time. I went through this on a 79 Ford of my Father in laws.
1969 Ford F-100. 302 4 barrel, C4 auto, 9in 3.50 open rear, headers, power steering, Turq/wht, Under restoration. In other words, in a million pieces!!!

There is no Replacement for Displacment!!!

My Photo Gallery: http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?album=655
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: blue68's Grill

Post by hardtailjohn »

Don't waste money on Zoopseal...it works great, but you can get the exact same product from exactly the same manufacturer for 1/2 the money at www.aircraftfinishing.com They sell it under the name of Evershield. (I used to own part of the company... :evil: )
JH
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!