Cowl Hoods

Moderator: FORDification

customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: Cowl Hoods

Post by customcrewcab »

looks good. i am out in the east valley. queen creek, its outside the gilbert mesa area. i think you should pait your truck tangerine. my buddy was thinking about painting his 67 that color before he died. its orange but its different. i think house of color has a good tangerine. the guy who painted that car use to paint rockfords show cars and now paints bikes.
his site is www.purekustom.com he also does custom leather bike seats. he had one on biker buildoff. the one that was on the amen bike but they screwed him becuase they didn't say who made it. just open the box and side wow thats nice. car looks good for not being shot in a booth.
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
DDfab

Post by DDfab »

tangerine, now that sounds interesting. i will have to go to house of colors web site and take a peak. you chopped your top didnt you? I want to do mine, but i am scared.
By the way, its a 70 ranger xlt(was). now it has a whole new rear frame from the cab back and all the trim holes are smoothed. I should sell my woodgrain parts.

Hope to finish this winter. been remodeling the house, fun fun.

Cant wait to see your finished project, it looks cool.

Also, does anybody sell hidden mount front bumpers? Or will i have to weld my bolts in and then have it rechromed.
Have thought about painted body color, but i plan on using the stock 70 grille. since it wont be painted, wasnt sure if painted bumper would go with it or not
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by customcrewcab »

nope not chopped. i am not crazy about the chop unless it was only a 1" to a 1 1/2". the cowl hood makes it look shorter. along with the paint sceame i have planed the capped top i think it will look pretty good. i would like to take 1 inch but i just want to get it running. i done a ton of chopping on the back the bed and the frame. i just wnat to drive it again
i been wanting to get back to my 64 falcon hardtop. theres some pics of some of the parts have sitting for it in my gallery. :shh:
i am thinking slammed prostreet on bags with 18" in the front and 20" in the back. house of kolor purple with a turbo big block.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
fuzzier1
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fuzzier1 »

CustomCrewCab, I have talked to you before about your frontend but do you have any pics of it when you installed it?

Fuzzier