Top Choppn

Moderator: FORDification

Darren M

Post by Darren M »

Reviving this one to see if any progress has been made? (Used the search and figured this one was one of the best I've found about chop'n tops so.....)

So my question here is more about clarity.
69Choptop. What you're saying is that not only did you "chop" the top down you also had to add material the width of the top of the cab and door tops? Also, what did you do about the vent window? Did you leave it angled or flatten out the top? I would GREATLY appreciate more information on this as it just befuddles me. I know I can do it from the metal stand point I just can't invision it. Know what I mean?

Here's a scary thought for you. I'm contemplating doing this on my '69 LWB!!! :D
On a side note. If someone were to go through all the trouble of chopping the top why wouldn't they weld up the seam that goes around the top and back of the cab??? (See customcrewcab's image as an example compared to 69Choptop's.)
To any Armed Forces personnel, past or present.
Thank you!
FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Top Choppn

Post by FoMoCo »

I think if you've got the gut's to start chopping it doesnt matter how low. Id like to see sombody section a hood, and a 2 inch chop myself.
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

I was thinking about the door handles couldn't you use an early to mid 70s amc Door handle? Our doors do have a cup right there.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com