primer my truck

Moderator: FORDification

edgar

primer my truck

Post by edgar »

would it look ugly if i buy those primer grey spray cans from auto zone?
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: primer my truck

Post by Sharkdance »

Well, even at AZ prices it would still cost as much or more than a gallon of primer sealer. Not to mention what a pain in the arse it would be to spray a whole truck with rattle cans.

But will it be ugly? Depends on what your covering up.
It will most likely look like it ws done with spray cans because its realy hard to get even coverage with those.
Spray cans are good for spotting or sealing off a sanded panel. But I wouldnt wanna do a whole truck with them.
If you spend the time and work to sand down a whole truck, I think you would wanna put something better than AZ canned primer on it.
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
F250Camper

re: primer my truck

Post by F250Camper »

I inhereted a 72 F250 Camper Special last month and I live in an HOA neighborhood. The rules are strict there and the truck had three different colors of mismatched parts. I ended up primering the whole thing with rattle cans. I both the good kind of Rustoleum spray Primer and spent about $50 for 14 cans to do the whole truck and make it one color.

I was a lot of work and the paint was difficult to blend. Afterwards I wet sanded a few areas and the primer belended well in those spots.

I did not have any tools or know how to do it anyother way.
Andy
1969 F100 300i
3 on the TREE