1966 hubcaps

Moderator: FORDification

stang1986gt

1966 hubcaps

Post by stang1986gt »

Hey guys...question. My dad has a 66 F1 and I'm trying to find the correct hubcaps for him. I have an original sales brochure, and it seems to show these hubcaps in the pictures:

However, when I check the hubcap picture page on this site, it shows the full covers as the correct covers for the '66. National Parts Depot statest the same thing. So, which is correct? I would think that the sales brochure would be correct, but I can't seem to find these caps anywhere (other than the link where I got the above picture).

Also, why do all the parts catalogs stop at 1960 and then pick back up for 1967 (except NPD, which shows the full cover for 1966, but nothing between 1960 and 1965) as far as hubcaps go?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have one of those that came painted. instead of chrome.
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: 1966 hubcaps

Post by 68F250 »

Those dog dish hubcaps are correct.

You missed the disclaimer on the ID page, it said "This manual only shows full-size wheelcovers...it does not show 'dog-dish'-style covers."

Which reminds me, there was this old Ford guy who owned a T-bird restoration place and he would practically kick you out of his shop if you called a wheel cover a hubcap.
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
stang1986gt

Post by stang1986gt »

Yep, I did miss that disclaimer. Thanks!

And for hubcaps v. wheel covers, the picture I posted above is a hubcap. The full wheel covers as shown on the page that I mentioned is a "wheel cover". Wheel covers are full, hubcaps are not. Correct?

(I've had guys correct me on this as well...too funny...I've never been kicked out of a shop, though...wow! :-) )
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Stang,I've got a set of those '66 full wheel covers but the plastic centers are black and kind of messed up....One of the parts places here(Dennis Carpenter,I think)sells the full wheel covers as well as just the plastic center pieces....'Course,I'm way out here in Arizona....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!