body panel thickness?

Moderator: FORDification

72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

body panel thickness?

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

whats the floor panel thickness? I am going to attempt to replace my right side floor, but I have never done any real bodywork like this.
Also would the cowl be the same guage as the floor?
I normally run .035 wire in the wire feed welder, Should I get a smaller guage for this?
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
Leadfoot
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: body panel thickness?

Post by Leadfoot »

So is that flux core wire, I use .035 flux core mostly cause of welding out side and I found that the shield gas doesn't work well in windy conditions. I've had luck with 18ga to 1/4 inch on my little Lincon.

when I use solid steal wire normally use .025 for very this tin. (24ga to 14ga) and .030 for (20ga to 14 ga.) works best. Also if you use straight co2 set the wire speed a little higher on the very thin tin and a slower on the thick tin.

I believe that the tin on the floor is normally 18ga, Thats what I use Anyway. :shh:

Hope this helps a little.
WHAT ?