Short Bed Style Side Box Needed

Moderator: FORDification

Aerocoupe

Short Bed Style Side Box Needed

Post by Aerocoupe »

I am looking for a short bed box to fix my '70 SWB Style Side. The truck is by no means stock so I am not looking to match the years by any means. Any help locating one would be appreciated.
Hedgebilly580

Re: Short Bed Style Side Box Needed

Post by Hedgebilly580 »

There is a whole truck on Craigslist right now in okc for $850 with no motor or trans
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

I appreciate that but I went and looked at it last Friday evening. Its so damaged on the passenger side, pinholes in the bed (he let it sit with all kinds of trash in the bed), and rust around the driver wheel opening that I would have to put at least $400 in sheet metal into it. Nothing else on the truck is salvageable, the frame has been torch cut in the engine bay, the passenger fender and door have damage and rust, the driver door and fender have rust, the cab was a home to rats and the floor boards and sheet metal around the bottoms of the doors are rusted out, there is no glass, no interior trim, so basically there are no real usable parts on the truck. I do not have metal working skills so I would basically have to get the whole truck for about $400 to make the bed worth while and when I offered him that much he just got super pissed. I think he thinks its ready for a TV show to rework and sell for $45K...
Hedgebilly580

Post by Hedgebilly580 »

I actually seen a guy with a short bed trailer he wanted $500 for it and it was pretty straight I'll see if I can get ahold of him sometime this week
nastys toys
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by nastys toys »

Sounds like that guy has a pile of rusty scrap. I can't stand these people now days trying to sell stuff that they seen on a joke a** tv show so they expect to get a boatload of money.
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

I am still looking so let me know on the trailer deal. I keep missing entire trucks by a day or two and one guy I emailed last night simply will not reply...frustrating.
Hedgebilly580

Post by Hedgebilly580 »

Did you see the 69 shortened in Tulsa for a grand for the whole truck...I tried to email him but he won't respond it's a clean truck too
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

Yeah, that is the one I was referring to in my previous post. I beat his email up as well about three hours after he posted it and nothing. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

I found one on eBay about four hours from my house. Its in rough shape but for $200 my body guy and I can make it work.

Darren