Finally got rid of the three speed

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

Farmall

Finally got rid of the three speed

Post by Farmall »

I've been wanting to put a four speed in the 71 for some time, I finally got it done.
Dropped the three out and put in a T-18.
I have the two piece driveshaft so I had to drop it off at the shop to get an inch added to it, can't wait to get it back.
Truck has been setting for three years. You know, park it, say you're gonna do something to it, put something in the bed to keep it out of the way "temporarily", put something else in there, set something on the hood..... pretty soon you don't even see your truck anymore.
Charged the battery and it started right up with the old gas. Lucky it's almost empty, filler up and glug some MMO in there and I'll be good to go.
Got it back on the insurance and registered so I can get it inspected as soon as it's off the stands!
IMG_1785 (Large).JPG
IMG_1787 (Large).JPG
IMG_1790 (Large).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
My Truck
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Finally got rid of the three speed

Post by sargentrs »

:woohoo: Congratulations!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

Found a tunnel cover at a scrap yard for 10 bucks (threw the guy an extra five for a cold one) and got the boot from LMC.
Now, a new floor cover to finish it :D
IMG_1807.JPG
Got new front brakes on, lubed the bearings, adjusted the steering box, got the reverse lights hooked up, new wipers, all the lights work, just gotta fix the leak in the washer fluid bottle and get it inspected tomorrow!
IMG_1799 (Large).JPG
IMG_1805 (Large).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
My Truck
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

Of course, even though it has a 2012 sticker on it, you have to drive it to make sure stuff works, right?

Check a bulb, take a test drive. Change the oil, take a drive. Gotta go get gas.
Change brakes, take a drive.....
It's insured and registered, just not inspected yet... I am sure an officer would understand :pray:
My Truck