Vent Window Seals Update

Moderator: FORDification

jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Vent Window Seals Update

Post by jor »

Well, I went ahead and bought new vent window seals for my 68. As Joe warned me, they came with some little rivets or hollow brads. Anyhow, I called DC and asked them how to install these things. The guys suggested the four hand-two punch system that worked for 460 or a leather hole puncher tool. Man, I tried with my two hands (couldn't find another pair) and with the leather hole puncher but just couldn't get it done. Finally, I took them to a local glass shop and they got four in each division bar (supposed to have five).

I was pretty happy with that but tonight when I got home I decided to give it another try on the missing one and what do you know - success. I ended up using a bevelled nut and a C-clamp. Here's some photos. I have more of the whole disassemby and assembly process if anyone ever needs any.
jor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

Nice! :clap: Hang on to those pics. I may need them in 2010! :cry:
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Vent Window Seals Update

Post by dablack00 »

yeah, I've never done one of those so I guess I don't see what you are installing. I know you are doing window vents but I don't see the pin you are putting in or what it does. Since so many of us might need to do this soon, why don't you write something up w/ pictures so Keith can post it in the tech section.
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Not a bad idea. Here's a photo of the little rivets.
jor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

You da man Jor...Yeah,those copper pins are tiny,and if you drop them somewhere,you can't fish 'em out with a magnet...I thought DC must have used Ford tooling because the whole setup was en exact match....How are your vent window handles?...They seem to wear out as well...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

How are your vent window handles?...They seem to wear out as well...
The driver's side on my 67 is pretty worn but the 68 is good on both sides. That's the one with the humongous air conditioner on the roof. The previous owner probably didn't use the vent window much.
jor
Chasbod
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Chasbod »

Necessity is the mother of all invention!! Good job!
71 F100 302/3.03 Project Truck Underway
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Definitely write something up....did you take some more 'during' shots? Heck, I'll be doing mine before too long, so I wouldn't mind any advice you had to offer. ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Definitely write something up...
I'll put something together when I get a chance. Yea, I took more photos. With the exception of those pesky little rivets, it's an easy job.
jor