URGENT:Need overall length of a 73 long wheel base..PLease

Moderator: FORDification

SportCustom

URGENT:Need overall length of a 73 long wheel base..PLease

Post by SportCustom »

I am trying to make arrangements for a trailer for saturday to haul my newly acquired parts truck. I am going down there with a trailer but I need to rent to right one for the job. Can someone please measure the overall length of their long wheel base truck (front bumper to rear bumper at it longest point). The truck I will be picking up is a 73 f-100 LWB.

Thanks,
Todd
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

my 1970 f250 is 17'10"
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

isn't lwb 131"
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

I have fit quite a few LWB trucks on my 16' car trailer. Even had a short box crew cab on it once.
I rented a U-Haul trailer once and put an old '73 on it, so you should have no problems!
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

fordman wrote:isn't lwb 131"
yeah but he wanted bumper to bumper.
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

re: URGENT:Need overall length of a 73 long wheel base..PLea

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

hey, don't worry about anything past the rear wheels. Load it front first for weight distribution, then let the rear bumper hang over the end.

heres how a LWB dually fits on my trailer....

Ok, so its a little wide :lol:
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

lol
Steve
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: re: URGENT:Need overall length of a 73 long wheel base..

Post by 390Nut »

72hiboy4x4 wrote:
Ok, so its a little wide :lol:

Just a wee bit! :lol:

My bro-in-law has a `68 1 ton I've been trying for years to talk him out of, looks like that but it's a darker blue color. Wont budge, wont fix it, just letting it rot. :(
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: URGENT:Need overall length of a 73 long wheel base..PLea

Post by Joe Kriston »

Mike,I'm glad I don't have to look out for you driving around the streets of Phoenix...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
SportCustom

Post by SportCustom »

I called uhaul and had him measure and the LWB will not fit on the haulers safely.......I am renting an 18" flatbed but it has the ramps that lift up in the back and are non removeable. So in order to close the ramps they need to be clear of the truck bumper. I am not taking my chances with the Uhaul trailer....I will drive almost 5 hours to pickup the truck and dont need the truck not fitting once I get there. Thanks for the help guys.

Todd
1970 F-100 Sport Custom
390 FE
CV/8.8 Swap
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: re: URGENT:Need overall length of a 73 long wheel base..

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

390Nut wrote: My bro-in-law has a `68 1 ton I've been trying for years to talk him out of, looks like that but it's a darker blue color. Wont budge, wont fix it, just letting it rot. :(
I saw a real nice 68-69 f-350 flatbed with tall sides on it in Spokane this week on a car lot off division. couldn't see the price, it was kinda hidden in the back.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

maybe you could tie the ramps up with a chain or something. chain it right to the rear bumper or frame or something. so 5hrs = 300 miles?