Locker/Posi experiences

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

ShortBedF250

re: Locker/Posi experiences

Post by ShortBedF250 »

Mr. Heep70, To clarify on tire wear, the tread wear is even (right vs. left) and does not seem to be happening any faster than on other cars I have in the vehicle corral. Perhaps in a dry climate, tire wear might be faster but here in Pacific NW- as you know, usually wet roads may be "lubricating" the contact surfaces and slowing the wear-out rate.

Mr. Spartman, I bought the Dana 60 rear end in a junk yard a really long time ago and it was already pulled out of the source truck. Sorry I can't elaborate on what model it came from.

I had Randy's Ring & Pinion do the gear change last year ($700 approx). I have a nice set of 4.10 gears for sale.
Restoratation in progress, 67-72 ShortBed F250 300CI NP435 Dana60 Ranger Torque Splitter
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Thank you shortbed.
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Nice unit.

I unfortunately have 28 spine shafts.