One Side Mirror or Two?

Moderator: FORDification

hmills

One Side Mirror or Two?

Post by hmills »

My 1971 F100 Sport Custom does not have a side mirror on the passenger side. Was the passenger side mirror an option? HMills
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: One Side Mirror or Two?

Post by Joe Kriston »

Must have been...I've seen plain customs with the dual sport mirrors and Sport Customs with just a driver's side sport mirror...BTW,those sport mirrors were also used on early Falcons,Fairlanes and Mustangs,so they should be easy to find if you want to add one....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
68half/step4x4

Post by 68half/step4x4 »

I don't know the laws in your state, but Washington requires two mirrors. One on the drivers side and one in the center of the windshield. If you don't have one in the center or the rear window is blocked, you have to have one on the passenger side. My center one fell off and before I got it glued back on, I got stopped. I think three is better any way.
If it's too loud, you're too old!!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

kansas is the same as washington then.
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

I was on a road trip to AZ one time in my camaro (packed to the gills with 3 peoples stuff for 2 weeks, and a dog, in back), and got pulled over near Boulder Dam. the cop comes up and says "the reason I pulled you over is because your rear view mirror is obstructed" so I just had to inform him that my camaro HAD NO rear view (center) mirror, so how could it be obstructed :? ? I was legal because of the 2 side mirrors. So he tried to find something else to pin on us, but couldn't. Never did figure out why he really pulled us over.........good thing he never asked us for the insurance papers! :oops:
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

he must have been bored and looking for something to do. and someone to do it to.
hmills

Post by hmills »

thanks guys. yeah i was a bit surprised to find only one side mirror. i agree two is safer. and three even safer