stepside floor

Moderator: FORDification

blue70

stepside floor

Post by blue70 »

i got a 69 stepside parts truck today and the bed is in good shape except for the wood in the floor it is all rotten. some one put in a thin sheet of metal over it. my 70 stepside is the same way. my question is does anyone know how thick the planks in the floor are supposed to be? i want to take out the metal and rotten wood and put in new wood before i swap it over to my 70. btw the 69 bed has the spare tire holder on the side of the drivers side bed.
1970 f-100 stepside 300 i-6 c-4 automatic
1974 f-250 4x4 (woods/mud truck)351w 4speed
1983 ranger 4x4 v-6 4speed
fordss2003

Post by fordss2003 »

i own a 67 stepside and the original board is 3/4 of an inch meaning a 1" board will work perfectly because it is actually 3/4 of an inch.
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: stepside floor

Post by Joe Kriston »

Has anybody here ever replaced their wood floor with the metal slats and wood strips?...I've been wondering myself what the assembly order is...Do you assemble it on the frame w/the cross braces already mounted to the frame or off the frame like Blue wants to do?...My '54,which I believe has the same bed as the '67-72,is missing everything but the cross braces,so essentially I'm starting from scratch...Wouldn't it be easier to line everything up with the bed already on the truck?...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!