67 doors

Moderator: FORDification

smiley

67 doors

Post by smiley »

I learn something new every day. Today, knowing that the 67 doors have parts that only fit that one year and not wanting to limit myself to that I decided to cut the inner door panels from some scrap 69 doors and put into my 67 doors. Doing this so I can use the squeeze type inside handle and the longer arm rests. I did my passenger door first and after removing the door lock rod on the 69 latches everything worked very well. Then I decided to do the drivers door the same way and all went well until I tried to install the 69 door latch ( that's a no no). The screw hole pattern is the exact opposite of the latch (2 holes at the top and 1 at the bottom) on that door. Then I had to cut out the latch plate from the 69 and install it on the drivers door. I guess after Ford's workers ate lunch the first day of the 67 production year they came back and decided to do the drivers door different than the passengers door. Oh well, my preacher says if you ain't making mistakes, you probably ain't doing nothing. Go ahead and laugh, I deserve it. It is kinda funny.
Rick Allen
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: 67 doors

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, that came up a while back here on the forums in this thread. By simply mounting the latch upside down on the opposite side they were able to use the same latch for both sides.

____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

one latch fits all kind of thing.
smiley

Post by smiley »

How will that work? If you mount the latch upside down the part that the outside door handle button presses against will be at the bottom and that won't work. Believe me if it had been that simple I wouldn't have had to cut out the latch panel from the 69 door.
Rick Allen
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i guess your right i spoke before i was told to shut up. sorry about that.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: 67 doors

Post by FORDification »

Hmmmm.....yep, you're absolutely correct! I engaged the mouth before the brain this time. :oops: (Oh well...it's not like it's the first time! :P )
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!