wel, it was bound to happen...

Moderator: FORDification

BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

wel, it was bound to happen...

Post by BigRedTruck »

I had a wreck in it. The pumpkin patch I was driving by seemed to be popular enough to convince someone that she could rapidly change lanes, throw on the brakes and turn into the parking lot in front of me. Unfortunately this happened when I had decided to look down to change the choke. she was in a suv and the bumper mounted quite a bit higher than mine. it crushed the grille back to the first solid piece of metal and broke the right headlight along with all the bits and pieces that surround it. the right fender sort of scissored out. it is attached in all the right places but looks like a hill. no mechanical damage that i know of yet. i'll be looking for a metal grille(had aluminum) but in the short term need a street legal truck for night driving. is there a way to rig up the lights to run without the grille ?
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by heep70 »

Maybe hit the junkyard and find a newer rig that has a headlight bucket that attaches to the rad support. Zip tie it to your rad support instead of drilling more holes.
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: wel, it was bound to happen...