Transmission Tunnel Cover Question

Moderator: FORDification

bwc302

Transmission Tunnel Cover Question

Post by bwc302 »

Are all the transmission tunnel covers for the automatics the same (size, bolt pattern, etc.)?

Thanks,

Bobby
fordfanatic

re: Transmission Tunnel Cover Question

Post by fordfanatic »

I don't know Bobby. I just realized the other day that the truck I just bought had a solid cab floor, and my 71 has a access cover. What in the world is the reasn for that I wonder? Than I'm researching a site and they sell carpet especially for trucks with c-6's and the raised tranny hump, than it hits me why they are different. So now I'm so excited that the cab I've chosen to use I will have to cut entire center out of to use my c-6. :cry:
Chris
If it's broke, Fix it! If it can't be fixed, explain to your wife that you need it anyway!:D :fr:
----------------------------------
1971 F100 Ranger parts truck
1969 F100 Ranger parts truck
19?? Combo project (from above)
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Transmission Tunnel Cover Question

Post by FORDification »

Trucks that were equipped from the factory with an FMX, C4 or manual 3-speed had a solid transmission hump. Those equipped with a C-6 or 4-speed transmission had a removable hump to allow for extra clearance.

The low-hump floorpan will clear a C-6, but it'll be tight. And even if it didn't clear, cutting it out is an easy job...there's an impression outline already embossed into the solid tunnel. And yes, they're all the same dimensionally. (Obviously the 4-spd covers had shifter holes cut into them.)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!