COOLANT SYSTEM LAYOUT?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

gumbys69

COOLANT SYSTEM LAYOUT?

Post by gumbys69 »

I SAW A PIC OF A LAYOUT OF THE COOLANT HOSE AND HEATING HOSE PLUS CARB COOLER. ON THIS WEBSITE AND CANT FIND IT NOW. DOSE ANYONE KNOW??????
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: COOLANT SYSTEM LAYOUT?

Post by FORDification »

Here you go...but please turn off your CAPS LOCK, so it doesn't appear as if you're shouting at us. :thup:

Incidentally, the hose that gets routed up beside the carb (or through the plate under it) isn't a cooler...it's actually a 'warmer'. The hose that's connected to the side of the carb by the choke allows the choke to sense the coolant temp and adjust the choke accordingly. The plate under the carb was to keep the it from icing up in cold climates.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
gumbys69

Post by gumbys69 »

so that plate is worthless?
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

the carb plate is only worthless if you live in arizona or california places like that. hwere it is always warm year round. it a carb deicer system.
gumbys69

Post by gumbys69 »

then to hell with it..great... no extra work.. cool :D .. i thought that the cab cant get too hot .???? what to do then??
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

when my a/c went out my cab would get really hot when driving it. i almost couldn't stand to drive it. it was so hot.
1967AceStroker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1967AceStroker »

260 AC, 2 windows down, 60 mph. Just don't get used to it in another vehicle, cause then its worse than before in the vehicle without it. I never thought nothin' of it in the '67, then I road in my dad's new truck, now I wish I could get AC inside my truck, oh well. You'll get used to it though, about a month in july shoveling on the asphalt crew and it won't even matter.
My Project Thread (Not updated in years.)
1967 F-100, Shortbed, 351W - 72mm Single Turbo - Megasquirt MS3x Engine Management, Tremec TKO 500, Ford 9" - Strange Nodular Center Section - Strange 35 Spline Axles - Strange Full Spool - Caltracs - DJM Drop Kit, Crown Vic IFS Swapped - 2 Coils Cut, Power Steering, Power 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Paint - Kona Blue
gumbys69

Post by gumbys69 »

i notice the continuing heat from the vents. its hell hot when the valve is open for the defrost, for the morning its great. thanks boys!!!!!