Are these factory original?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

wilhay

Are these factory original?

Post by wilhay »

Gentleman,
Just purchased my second bump Friday, but some things aren't adding up could you help. This one is a 1969 Ranger F100, it has power steering, auto trans., i'm assuming dealer installed air (hang on under dash) 360 engine.I did a lot of research this weekend (here on the forums, parts catalogs, DC, NPD, and such) and some things aren't adding up.The guy i got it from, his father had owned it since 1978 until he passed a year ago, he has driven it since and said the truck is just the way it was when his father bought it and that he had never altered it. First of all it is a four barrel engine, ford cast iron intake,fomoco four barrel carb. It all looks original( fittings, etc. patina of intake and carb match rest of engine, all original brackets, and Ford air cleaner)but my research shows all 360's were 2 barrels, who's right, who's wrong? Second,it has disc brakes, everything i've read says that in 69 discs were only availible in F250's( it's not an aftermarket conversion) were they availible on the F100? Third the auto trans is a C6,( shape of the pan)all my research says it should be a FMX (cruise o matic)
was a C6 availible on this truck in 69?. Any info would be most helpful.
convincor
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Are these factory original?

Post by convincor »

you'll probably find the intake/carb is from a passenger car. Get the casting #'s off the intake and there should be a tag on the carb.
Your correct on the brakes. They came from a 73 up f100. Pretty much a bolt on swap.
The c-6 is what should be behing the FE's.
His father may never have altered it "while he was looking". Or someone else did it before he owned it..
68 Custom Cab Shorty, 390, C6, 9"-3.50:1 Currie T/L
"Still Plays With Trucks"
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/convincor/F100/
sideoilerfe
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by sideoilerfe »

The factory ac also hangs under the dash. Look at the heater controls. If there's ac controls in the dash with the heater controls it's more than likely original. If there's only heater controls there and the ac unit has it's own controls, it's added on.
Side oiler FE, see if you can catch me!!!

1970 F250 4x4 390/4spd
1968 F250 4X2 360/C6/No Rust!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

the fourbarrels were available i think. the c6 is right. the dealer a/c is a add on thing at the dealer. the engine could be a 390 it could have been changed. you never know. or the manifold. it could have been ordered like that who knows. or swapped at the dealership. the engine could have been a transplant by the first owner. measure the stroke on the engine to find out more about what you have.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

fordman wrote:the fourbarrels were available i think.
Yeah, over the parts counter... :wink:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
wilhay

Post by wilhay »

convincor wrote:you'll probably find the intake/carb is from a passenger car. Get the casting #'s off the intake and there should be a tag on the carb.
Your correct on the brakes. They came from a 73 up f100. Pretty much a bolt on swap.
The c-6 is what should be behing the FE's.
His father may never have altered it "while he was looking". Or someone else did it before he owned it..
Is there a place here on the forums where those numbers are listed?
convincor
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by convincor »

ask here- http://www.network54.com/Forum/74182/

or just try a Google search with the casting #'s which would be like C5AE-9425-C
68 Custom Cab Shorty, 390, C6, 9"-3.50:1 Currie T/L
"Still Plays With Trucks"
http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/convincor/F100/
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

try this site. if its up and running it has all of those codes and pics too. http://home.alltel.net/bsprowl/index.htm
sideoilerfe
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by sideoilerfe »

On our trucks, 4V were not an option. The factory A/C mounts under the dash like the dealer ad on but the controls were on the heater control panel. The after market dealer installed A/C had the controls on the unit itself.
Side oiler FE, see if you can catch me!!!

1970 F250 4x4 390/4spd
1968 F250 4X2 360/C6/No Rust!
wilhay

Post by wilhay »

sideoilerfe wrote:On our trucks, 4V were not an option. The factory A/C mounts under the dash like the dealer ad on but the controls were on the heater control panel. The after market dealer installed A/C had the controls on the unit itself.
OK thats what I've got, dealer installed, thanks.