Best Engine

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Rusty67

Re: Best Engine

Post by Rusty67 »

Don't everyone laugh at me at once....

Definately not the best motor but it would be different and awesome....

A 400M block. Its a really awesome motor, super reliable and heavily under rated. Its also a bit of a pain to build one because the parts are harder to find but they wont disappoint.

That said, there is no single best engine. It really depends what you want to use the truck for. Certain power plants are just better suited for certain tasks. I think the real question is, what do you want to do with your truck ?
lifted72

Post by lifted72 »

A 400M bottom end with 351C 2v heads and a RV cam would be great. But the big block 335 series engines were really choked down by emissions and were dogs, but have always had unseen potential. I guess I'm just really biased about the 351C engines lol. Really though the 351C is one of the best small blocks of all time, just look at the popular hot rodding engine masters shootouts, the Cleveland based engines clean house because of their amazing canted valve head design.
POLISH EVERYTHING
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I know lots of you have 351C in your trucks but Ford didn't put them in trucks for a reason. I think it was because they lacked good low end grunt. I put one in a customers highboy (by his insistence). 2 weeks later he was putting the 300-6 back in it.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.