302 manifolds

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

302 manifolds

Post by peanutman »

Both of my manifolds have hair line cracks in them. I would like to replace them at some point but can't find a source for good used or new. Anyone know a source- iv'e ordered a set off e-bay but they was as cracked up as mine.

Would really hate to go with headers but that may be my only choice. :help:
warponyxlt

Re: 302 manifolds

Post by warponyxlt »

do you have picks cause i have a ton of them really i never hauled them for scrap or sold any yet got all kinds even that mysterious 4spd driverside one.
if its fixed break it again red white and ford blue the only up hill thats good is the one you are going down
peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by peanutman »

warponyxlt wrote:do you have picks cause i have a ton of them really i never hauled them for scrap or sold any yet got all kinds even that mysterious 4spd driverside one.
I'll get some pics. May take a couple of days. I think they need to be 302 truck manifolds, Iv'e tried some from a mustang and a bronco and they was not the same. Would bolt up but not line up w/exhuast pipes. I'm not sure why but these things are odd balls, i guesss cause not many trucks came w the 302. I tried to find an aftermarket twin exhaust for it and no one had it for the f-100. :hmm:
marvin2
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by marvin2 »

Just wondering...but why are you trying to stay away from headers? I have a 302 and would love to do headers. Is there something I'm missing?
1970 F100 "Marvin 2" - Crown Vic IFS, 302, C4 (work in progress)
1970 F250 "Leonard" - 302, C6 (project in waiting)
1971 F100 "Walt" - 302, 3-speed on the column (Sunday driver)
2004 Mustang GT "Horse With No Name" - 4.6L, 5 speed (Retired daily driver / Friday driver)
peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by peanutman »

marvin2 wrote:Just wondering...but why are you trying to stay away from headers? I have a 302 and would love to do headers. Is there something I'm missing?
Well first im trying to stay as orig as possible. I'm not against headers, just don't need them now. Most are nothing but problems unless you buy the good ceramic coated and name brand. If i ever pull my engine and do an overhaul i might do headers and duals.
If you read on here some, not all have lots of problems with fit, heat problems, starter problems and exhaust leaks, just mixed on whether they give much benefit.
I may not have a choice in the future if i can't find good manifolds. :2cents:
scott123

Post by scott123 »

LMC Truck ?, I looked. They dont have em.

Why cant you order some for a later model truck. they come with a plug for the 02 sensor.?
1972 Camper Special
5.0 EFI TFV-IV Ignition Auto O/D
peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by peanutman »

scott123 wrote:LMC Truck ?, I looked. They dont have em.

Why cant you order some for a later model truck. they come with a plug for the 02 sensor.?
Yeah, none of the truck mags have them. I have found a listing but when i call there out stock w/ no future stock date.And all listings i find are for passangerside only. :hmm:
I haven't thought that far ahead. I will check into what year models i need to look for. They should be close up to 78-79 i would think. Thanks for the idea :thup:
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

i have a couple of sets

Ardmore is not a fer piece from home 4 u
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by peanutman »

binder56jd wrote:i have a couple of sets

Ardmore is not a fer piece from home 4 u
E-mail sent. Thanks for the reply jd. Robbie