truck engine issue

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

truck engine issue

Post by sacramento_ford »

driving me crazy i remeber when i could just drive it. dam,...when i warm it , as its warming, and as i push in the choke. the closer i push it in. them it dies. little hard to restart too. but does after a hard start,. also i notice like vapor coming out where the pcv valve is, puffys out lilttle bit. . i got the rattle part downward,smaller tip upwards,, is it backwards? i wonders if its a emission issue cause my idle and driving woes, thanks for advice. jesse
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: truck engine issue

Post by fordman »

sounds like it could be a vacuum leak. the pcv is in correctly. and it sounds like your eninge has some wear on it. because of the smoke you are seeing. maybe the valve cover pcv seal is bad causing the smoke to ecsape. or the hose from the pcv to the carb base. if it isnt a vacuum leak. heard or unheard then it could becabr adjustment. or dirt in the carb. a timing or tune up issue even.
Last edited by fordman on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by sacramento_ford »

the rattly part of the pcv valve is down, that seems correct. the throttle plate seems kinda tight to move and push closed, , i think this is normal nomal, ithanks.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

try spraying some carb cleaner around when its running.