alternator/power steering, correct alignment of belt ?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

alternator/power steering, correct alignment of belt ?

Post by rjewkes »

Hey guys been a while since i had a BB/FE wondering wich accessory should line up with wich pulley groove? 2 groove crankshaft and 2 groove Waterpump.

the way i have the alternator now is fine on the outer groove, but i noticed yesterday that if i put the P/S pump on the inner Groove, it will rubb the lower radiator hose in half.

i have a big old spacer on the alternator that cuases it to reach the outer groove and bolt on outside the arm with the adjustable area.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: alternator/power steering, correct alignment of belt ?

Post by fordman »

the alt i suppose to go on the inner groove. the power steering is suppose to go on the outer third groove. how is the alt belt rubbing the hose. i don't see how that would happen.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

sorry i meant the power steering belt would if ran off the inner groove.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

oh ok.