ACCELERATOR PUMP NOT CONNECTED

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Johnnys147

ACCELERATOR PUMP NOT CONNECTED

Post by Johnnys147 »

HI MY NAME IS JOHNNY IM 17 AND HAVE A 68 FORD F250 CAMPER SPECIAL. I HAVE COME TO FIND OUT THAT THEIR IS SOME PARTS MISSING FROM THE LINKAGE IT HAS A 2 BARREL HOLLY CARB AND THE LINKAGE DOSENT EVEN MAKE SENSE BUT IT WORKS AND AS LONG AS I MANUALLY SPRAY SOME GAS IN THE CARB EVERY MORNING IT WILL RUN. I NOTICED THAT THE LITTLE RED SPRING THAT USUALLY PUSHES DOWN ON THE ACCELERATOR PUMP IS NOT THEIR. WHERE CAN I FIND NEW LINKAGE AND THAT STUPID LITTLE SPRING?
Dragon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: ACCELERATOR PUMP NOT CONNECTED

Post by Dragon »

Hello and please don't type in all caps. It is much easier to read. The accelerator pump has nothing to do with not starting on a cold morning the choke does.

Go here http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 00#p340923 Re: autolite 2100 d1tfaka
Old Fords Rule
Was a Ford Service Tech
71 F250 with Shell Car 390 NP435 Dana 60 3.73s, PS, PB, 750 EC VS Holley Accel Points Eliminator.
98 Volvo S70 2.4T Auto
71 Service manuals Volumes 1,2,3 and 4 So ask away. :)
My Gallery
Spark test
FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoMoCo »

Hello. Not all carbs have a spring pushing down on accel pump. The spring is there on later model carbs to extend the life of the diapham. Is the accel pump seeing any movement? The point of this pump is to overcome the extra lean condition when occurs when you open the throttle, either flooring it or light acceleration. It sounds like your pump is not functioning at all. If it is. it should squirt a little gas in the carb when you pull the choke, or a light tap on the gas pedal. Read up on the functions of carbs. Holleys website has a great technical reading section on their site. After you know how every component works on a carb, diagnosing and tunning is easy and fun. For your parts, get the list or model number of the carb and try advance auto parts or summit racing.

Nick
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10
Dragon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Dragon »

They all have a spring returning the accel pump it is inside the housing and is required. I never saw a spring pushing down on one.
Old Fords Rule
Was a Ford Service Tech
71 F250 with Shell Car 390 NP435 Dana 60 3.73s, PS, PB, 750 EC VS Holley Accel Points Eliminator.
98 Volvo S70 2.4T Auto
71 Service manuals Volumes 1,2,3 and 4 So ask away. :)
My Gallery
Spark test
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I think we need to step back and make sure we are all talking about the same thing:

I gather the problem is cold starting?
  • Are you pressing the accelerator atleast twice and releasing it slowly before starting?
  • Is it a manual or electric choke?
  • Can you give us a picture of what you are talking about?
:wel:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper