power packages?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

power packages?

Post by hotrod ford »

i have decided to use the 429 in my truck. i was looking at the edelbrock site and saw there power packs. i could get heads. intake, cam-lift.,chain, gears and springs for $1736.00. the only thing else that would need to get is carb, the block machined and rebuild the tranny. later on down the road i will most likely put the 360 back in since i'm gonna keep it, but for now i will use the 429. everything is dyno tested together and will give the engine the power and tq that i'm looking for. if anyone has ever used this setup, were you happy with it? thanks
1971 Sport Custom SWB: 360/C6 3.00
1965 Ford Falcon 4Dr: Inline 170 3sp
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: power packages?

Post by dablack00 »

I haven't used it but there are better deals out there. That cam wouldn't be right for what you want and for what you are paying you could get a custom cam with much better springs.

I would contact scott at http://reincarnation-automotive.com/ for your heads, intake, cam and other bits. He will set you up right. Tell him what you are looking for. I don't remember if he sells complete long blocks but that would be pretty nice and you would be able to sell the 429 you have to make up some of the difference. Also, there is no reason to stay 429 if you are going to rebuild it. The 460 is just better and the crank and rods it requires won't cost more than reburbishing your old 429 ones.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I have not used one, I'm also not a huge Edelbrock fan, BUT:

It will do what they say it will do, if you follow their recommendation you should achieve the results they say you will.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hotrod ford »

dablack00 wrote:I haven't used it but there are better deals out there. That cam wouldn't be right for what you want and for what you are paying you could get a custom cam with much better springs.

I would contact scott at http://reincarnation-automotive.com/ for your heads, intake, cam and other bits. He will set you up right. Tell him what you are looking for. I don't remember if he sells complete long blocks but that would be pretty nice and you would be able to sell the 429 you have to make up some of the difference. Also, there is no reason to stay 429 if you are going to rebuild it. The 460 is just better and the crank and rods it requires won't cost more than reburbishing your old 429 ones.
that site won't open all the way up. i don't see any contact info or price listed. any info would be appreciated.
hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hotrod ford »

hey thanks dablack00, i will give him a ring. :thup: