Dynomax Thrush Glasspacks

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Dynomax Thrush Glasspacks

Post by 1971fordcustom »

I have glasspacks on my 71 ford f100 and you cant even tell I have them on going down the road. My friend passed me one day and he said thay sound really deep. But when you drive it you cant tell there on. How ever in town when some guy pulls up by me and gives me hell then I just gun it and later on thay will see me and say there sorry to me sense it was so loud lol
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Move along nothing to see here

Post by layedout72 »

i picked up some turbo mufflers. 42 bucks, not bad for an exhaust setup!
Arkansas69

Re: re: Dynomax Thrush Glasspacks

Post by Arkansas69 »

1971fordcustom wrote:I have glasspacks on my 71 ford f100 and you cant even tell I have them on going down the road. My friend passed me one day and he said thay sound really deep. But when you drive it you cant tell there on. How ever in town when some guy pulls up by me and gives me hell then I just gun it and later on thay will see me and say there sorry to me sense it was so loud lol
Thats funny. I had a 83 F250 diesel with glass packs that turned out the side. That was by far the loudest pipes I've ever had. Nothing but a continuous pop. Whenever I was by some jerk at a stop light, all I had to do was floor it, and his cab would fill up with black smoke and lots of noise. He'd just have to sit there until the smoke cleared.
1971fordcustom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1971fordcustom »

LOL now thats funny!! I have my pipes turnd out the side one is on the left other one on the right. My truck smokes a little when I gun it but not much. Well I was down the road from my house and I had my mom and dad out side to see if thay can hear my truck. Well I got a mile away and turnd aroud and then I let her go and thay said thay can hear me really good lol. The trans is my truck is a auto but when I put it in low gear in town its really loud and I hardley even press the gas. I do that when I drag the strip. I dont know any one my age in town but ever one knows my truck.
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

can anybody tell me how the exhaust is run on the 302's? over what crossmembers, under which ones? More or less is it over the first member, and then under the next? not talking about the engine x-member.
cghstrojan08
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by cghstrojan08 »

I run glass packs on my 360 and they are hooked up to smoke stacks coming out of the bed. It sounds so awesome. Mine doesn't crack and pop. If there is someone next to me I don't like playing rap or some crap, I just rev it up and they just :cuss: . There is some rice burners at my school that like to show off their little cars and my exhaust just kills them. :twisted:
ROBERT
Member #1076

1968 F100 SWB 360
1969 F100 LWB 360 "Ol' Blue" - Sold
1976 F350 Trailer Special, Extended Wheel base, 460
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/cg ... ld%20Blue/
ImageImage
layedout72
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by layedout72 »

mine will have turn downs right at the back edge of the cab, they should sound nice, they are the turbo thrash mufflers.
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

i'm running a cherry bomb on my 302 and i hate it
my next muffler will be dual turbo mufflers.
I just got the cherry bomb cause it clears my air lines but it sounds like crap.
DuckRyder

Re: Dynomax Thrush Glasspacks

Post by DuckRyder »

Chaseman wrote:I run duel 24" glass packs and I do the same thing to the rice burners and their loud rap music and unless I try or do some serious down shifting I don't get cracking.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: re: Dynomax Thrush Glasspacks

Post by FordTruck »

cghstrojan08 wrote:I run glass packs on my 360 and they are hooked up to smoke stacks coming out of the bed. It sounds so awesome. Mine doesn't crack and pop. If there is someone next to me I don't like playing rap or some crap, I just rev it up and they just :cuss: . There is some rice burners at my school that like to show off their little cars and my exhaust just kills them. :twisted:
Stacks on a bump :eek: You don't happen to have any pictures do you?

Anyways my 70 came with glasspacks on a 302 and they really don't sound bad but when you punch it or something they get that werid crackle and it annoys me. Also I like loud trucks but they just don't appeal to me anymore cause the old bumps already nosy inside then add glasspacks to the mix its a little too loud. I'm gonna go with an x pipe and either thrush turbo mufflers or Flotech Raptor mufflers there a turbo and there quiet on the inside and sound mean on the outside my brother has them on his 69 Fury 440 with the x pipe and that's where I got the idea.
Here's a video I found of the cherrybomb crackle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxaT8es_mVc
"Flyin High On Caffine And Copenhagen" R.I.P Chris LeDoux

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
72 Ford F100 on 79 4x4 SWB frame
77 Ford F250 "lowboy" 4x4
09 Harley Xl1200c