What am I missing?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

albertv78

What am I missing?

Post by albertv78 »

Ok bumpside experts I need your help here. I'm gathering the needed parts for my aux tank conversion. After studying the parts diagrams I'm still confused about what else I need. So here are some photos of what I have:
Not pictured I already have the tank, skidplate, fuel filler neck, fuel filler pipe, inside bed cover, aux tank specific emergency brake cable, and aux tank specific equalizer.
I know I'm missing a bracket that goes riveted to a frame rail but I'm a little confused because my strap from pic 4 looks different than others I've seen.
During my research I read something about there being another bracket that goes in the front of the tank for it to rest on? Anyone have any pics or something. Also is there another bracket that goes in the very front of the skidplate? Is there any difference in the bracketry between a lwb or swb? So do any you guys know what I'm missing?
Thanks,
Albert
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: What am I missing?

Post by FORDification »

Actually, it looks to me like you've got everything.

The bracket that mounts to the front of the tank is the little one here:

The rear of the tank hangs from the rear bracket, but the front of the tank is clamped against that small bracket, which is bolted to the inside of the frame, immediately below the tank crossmember. Here's a shot taken when I was mounting mine, showing the two bolt heads holding the small bracket:

The last pic you posted shows the front strap....however, for the life of me I can't recall HTH that front strap connects on the frame side, and even the couple dozen pics I took during the installation of mine doesn't show that.

FYI: There is no difference between parts to mount the tank into a SWB vs. a LWB. The setup in my '67 SWB came from a LWB, and everything bolted up.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
knightfire83
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by knightfire83 »

Here is some pics of when my '70 f250 was being disassembled. They may help you out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by knightfire83 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
1974 Ford F-100 4x4- 360 / manual.
1970 Ford F250 4x4 ~ Sold.
knightfire83
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by knightfire83 »

one more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1974 Ford F-100 4x4- 360 / manual.
1970 Ford F250 4x4 ~ Sold.
albertv78

Post by albertv78 »

Thanks guys. I think I'm ready to tackle the install.
Albert
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I just posted a photo page of all the factory auxiliary tank photos I took during my installation, and saved them at semi-high-resolution. I included the pics posted above by knightfire83 too.

Factory Auxiliary Fuel Tank Mounting Photos

Hopefully this will help. Good luck! :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!