Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: Long Tube VS Shorty

Post by td »

FordTruck,

the long tubes make a little more bottom end power, but if your not worried about squeezing every little bit of power you can get out of your motor its not worth worrying about. plus you won't have to worry about the tight clearance issues that are so common with longtubes and the front crossmember on our trucks.

i know you can use shorty headers off mustangs on our trucks with no problems, do you know what the shorties our made to fit?
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Long Tube VS Shorty

Post by rjewkes »

Yep thems the ones i have in my bump. on mine i found the passenger sides flange came real close to the starter mount on the 302 c4 i have. but have not had to remove them to get it in or out. Just that i had to notch the flange on the exhuast pipe to clear the bolt on the starter. This was an aftermarket exhuast flange though.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com