More Radiator questions

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Jwelch

More Radiator questions

Post by Jwelch »

I have 70 F-100 with a 360 and need a new radiator. Will one from a 74 ford fit? I am pretty sure it is an f-100 or f-150. I called a salvage shop and he was not real specific. any thoughts?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: More Radiator questions

Post by FORDification »

You didn't give us enough information to tell you that. There are too many variables. There are many things which would prevent it from being a suitable donor. If the donor has a small-block and your truck has a big-block, then the inlet tubes on the radiator will be too small. Trucks with a 6-cyl. have smaller radiators, and won't fit V8 radiator supports....plus the inlet/outlet tubes are also sized differently. 4WD trucks and those equipped with Super Cooling have a different radiator support, so the radiator mounts up differently.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Jwelch

Post by Jwelch »

These are all the things I am looking for thank you. I know I need to ask some more questions but was not sure which way to go. Again thanks.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

A new ones about 4bills+. And MADE IN CHINA! I got me one. Lasted maybee 5 yr's and split a seam. China people
not really good at soldering. Took it to local rad shop and the old guy (now deceased) pulled both tanks and soldered
them on right. We had disscussion and he said they make lousy radiators. SURPRIZE!!! But that's all they make now.
You spends your nickle and roll the dice. A crap shoot at best. Get out and play! Jake