HELP Please OIL Pressure "None"

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

sideoilerfe
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by sideoilerfe »

peanutman wrote:Well side-o it sounds like some of the bump oil pans will come off without jacking up the moter.
But that wasn't the argument. They were saying that you couldn't remove the pan without removing the oil pump or screen on a 2wd. Now, I've never pulled a pan on an F100 4x4 so I can't comment on that. I'm glad F10YRB12118 was able to fix his problem with little trouble (except the exhaust).

The discussion I had with those saying it was impossible on the 2wd were speaking from their experience, as was I. So, since we had very similiar trucks, I looked into it and that's when I discovered the crossmember difference. Now, an F100 might be different but on the F250s I now know what to look out for if I have to tackle this again.

I just hope my discovery helps someone in the future. :2cents:
Side oiler FE, see if you can catch me!!!

1970 F250 4x4 390/4spd
1968 F250 4X2 360/C6/No Rust!
peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by peanutman »

Yep, there must be some difference cause my oil pan is less than 2" from the crossmember. From what i understand it's heck on most to get the oil pan off or changing the pump even with jacking motor up. I looked at you pics and you have a lot more room to play with than what's on mine. So yes i would say there different. Must be a slight difference in the front ends.
sideoilerfe
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: HELP Please OIL Pressure "None"

Post by sideoilerfe »

Keep in mind I have an FE and you have a 302 so there is a difference there as well.
Side oiler FE, see if you can catch me!!!

1970 F250 4x4 390/4spd
1968 F250 4X2 360/C6/No Rust!