Front Clip???

Moderator: FORDification

wolfpack

Front Clip???

Post by wolfpack »

Hey guys how do you pull the entire front clip off without taking it off piece by piece? Thanks Terry
DuckRyder

re: Front Clip???

Post by DuckRyder »

theoretically. You could:

Pull the bumper
Unplug all the wiring
Remove the battery (for safety)
Remove the two core support to frame mount bolts
Remove the 2 bolts holding the inner fenders to the firewall (at rubber straps in fender well)
Remove 3 bolts per side holding inner fender upper mount to firewall
Remove 2 bolts in bottom of fender to rocker
Remove 2 bolts from inside of pillar at upper hinge to fender.

Of course you have to remove the radiator and trans cooler hoses.

Lift up and out (forward)

I'm not sure it wouldn't be more trouble than taking it apart.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
FoMoCo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by FoMoCo »

Its easyer to remove the grill, fenders, bumper, bumper filler, and hood, and then remove the inner fenders and core support as one peice. The whole clip would take four people to lift.

Nick
1969 F-100
2006 Fusion SEL
2006 e-320 cdi
2004 excursion V-10
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I have removed them with just myself and and one other person but with the hood, battery and radiator removed seperately. It isn't too bad that way. Depending on how much you have to fight those two core support bolts, 2 guys can have a front clip off in about 10 minutes.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

thanks guys, I think I'm going to have to pull it apart one at a time because everything seems a little rusty. :wink:
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

sounds like the makings of a new jeff foxworthy joke.

You might be a redneck if you have 30 guys over to help you pull your Ford truck appart, And you and your brother and both of your wives are the only 3 people working on that. The rest of them are just sitting back swirling beer and yelling advice at ya, "no no hold it with your other hand your doing that all wrong".

or how many rednecks does it take to remove the front clip off of a 67 ford pickup?

33 you your brother and both your wife(the same wife)removing the clip and 30 friends and relatives to watch swirl beer and yell advice "you missed a bolt cestus hell you'll never get that front end of like that you oughta get more help!" at wich point you yell out "Hell I Already got the whole county over,sides we almost outa beer!"
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com