frame differences

Moderator: FORDification

glennd_05

frame differences

Post by glennd_05 »

what are the changes in the frame from 66 to 67? and will a 67-72 body fit on a 66 frame?

Reason i ask is i want the frame to be pre 68' for emmisions purposes, but like the look of the 68-72 body better. Also i know where i can get a 66 frame.

thanks

-glenn
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: frame differences

Post by FORDification »

Well, the SWB pickups have the same wheelbase between the '66 and the '67 (115") but the '66 LWB trucks' 129" wheelbase was extended to 131" for the '67-'72 trucks. I'm not exactly sure where the extra 3" was added, so I couldn't tell you for sure whether you could transplant them or not....but I venture a guess that you couldn't.

I'm curious though....what are your current emissions regulations there? We don't have anything here in Nebraska, but from what I've read about other states, there shouldn't be any difference in rrules or regulations between the two years. :hmm:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

Even in California we don't have any emmissions tests for Pre-75 vehicles!
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Nevada 68 and newer has to be smoged, 67 and older is exempt.
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: re: frame differences

Post by dcbullet »

460 crew wrote:Nevada 68 and newer has to be smoged, 67 and older is exempt.
Nevada of all places to have strict emissions laws!
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Sorry only in Clark County - Las Vegas. The surrounding countys don't require smog which means here shortly I'll finally break down and get a PO box out there somewhere for the address. :twisted:
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
snooziums

Post by snooziums »

Well, looking up emissions laws, I found this for Califorina (see below):

Just wanted to let you know.
Legislation has been reintroduced in the California Assembly to repeal the state's current rolling emissions test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older. A.B. 2683 repeals the current pro-hobbyist exemption and replaces it with a provision requiring the permanent testing of all pre-1976 vehicles. This year, the bill was introduced by California State Assemblywoman Sally Lieber.
200ci inline-six, three-on-the-tree (No truck :cry:)
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I'll bet she's a certified tree hugger.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

snooziums wrote:Well, looking up emissions laws, I found this for Califorina (see below):

Just wanted to let you know.
Legislation has been reintroduced in the California Assembly to repeal the state's current rolling emissions test exemption for vehicles 30 years old and older. A.B. 2683 repeals the current pro-hobbyist exemption and replaces it with a provision requiring the permanent testing of all pre-1976 vehicles. This year, the bill was introduced by California State Assemblywoman Sally Lieber.
The rolling 30 year rolling exemption has already been repealed. But 75 and older are still exempt
DMV Website wrote:How old does a vehicle have to be to qualify for a smog exemption?

All 1975 and older vehicles are exempt from smog certification requirements.
Hoping the Govenator keeps it that way. He's a Republican after all.
glennd_05

Post by glennd_05 »

emmisions is a nightmare in alaska. we have the strictest emmisions anywhere in the country, and its not just a sniffer test either, they do a thurough visual inspection.

my friend had a mid 80's suburban, put an edelbrock air cleaner on it and failed the visual inspection because of it.

but, you can get just summer tags(april 1 to september 30) and have no im test, or be pre 68 and have no im. and since i drive in the winter, pre 68 it is.

Ford- thanks for the info on the wheelbase change, the truck i found is a 66 f250 camper special. if i end up doing a body swap, it would just be the cab, in favor of a flat bed.

-glenn
morganater

Post by morganater »

Hey glenn, welcome from a fellow AK member
I am going to disagree we have the strictest... certain places just are anal about stupid things. My truck that was recently wrecked :cry: :cry: :cry: was registered in anch as a 67 even though I knew it was a 69. I have a 68 swb i am building now that I am going to register in the valley at my cabin, to get around the emissions BS. Don't want t o do anything illegal now do we?
1969 f100 swb ranger 460 - parting out
1968 f100 swb 429 - decking out
94 Jeep I6 Back-up vehicle
reppin' AK
snooziums

Post by snooziums »

flyboy2610 wrote:I'll bet she's a certified tree hugger.
Hay, be nice!

I have been called a "redneck tree-hugger" many times before.
200ci inline-six, three-on-the-tree (No truck :cry:)
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

as far as emisions the rolling 30 year exemption just means now, that anything 76-up until further apealing in either direection will always have to be smogged, However i wonder what they would expect you to do if your vehicle came without smog equip from factory? not your fualt it was not being used in 67-72 i have yet to see them say well you have to install smogged engines from newer models or scrap your current vehicle all together or do 25- life in california prison......yadayadayada.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com