Polish aluminum grill

Moderator: FORDification

QC
Preferred User
Preferred User

Polish aluminum grill

Post by QC »

Has anyone found a polish that works on aluminum grills? My grill is in good shape, but it's dull. Same with the headlight trim.
69 F-100 Ranger 302
granitestate68

re: Polish aluminum grill

Post by granitestate68 »

Hi QC,

Mothers aluminum polish is the NUTS!!!! Someone told me about it and I can't believe how good that **** is. It's a small jar (plastic) and you can get it at Auto Zone for about $7. A small amount on a rag and presto, get the sunglasses. Won't ever try anything else. :D Oh, by the way welcome and glad you've been able to find the best Ford site around for our vintage.

Lee
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... p?pos=-550
1996 F250 Slightly lifted 7.3L Diesel
1961 Falcon Ranchero 144 Inline 6
BCOOLEY

Post by BCOOLEY »

Mothers is some good stuff, but I have found tha semichrome polish works even better! I polish alot of parts and this stuff makes it easy!
FORD BUILT EM TUFF WE BUILD EM BETTER!!
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hardtailjohn »

I use a polish called Intimidator that's made in Grand Forks, ND. I've never seen anything like it, and I used to use Mothers!
The only place I've ever found this stuff is at a Freightliner dealer.
John H.
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

mothers? You say? hmmm, didn't she make california gold bar gold and silver/chrome polish? Oh yeah and those little cookies and animal cookies/crackers?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com