There must be an easier way

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

There must be an easier way

Post by oldschoolrods »

Well, I'm afriad this weekend I have to revisit the dreaded wiper motor. Is there an easier way to get at these things other than laying on the floor with your head on that damn transmisson hump? I was thinking maybe taking out the dash or dash pad? I have to change a dash light anyway...
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: There must be an easier way

Post by FORDification »

Nope....it's gonna be as bad as you think! ;) The dash is solid, so it HAS to come out the bottom....which means removing half the stuff under the dash to drop it down. I've never actually tried removing one of those with everything under the dash though....every time I've removed one has been in a truck I was stripping down completely, and by the time I got to the wiper setup, the rest of the dash accessories were already completely removed.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by oldschoolrods »

Oh I already removed it once and i installed the wiper drive arm 180 degrees from where it was supposed to be, and now the wipers stop straight up, its been this way for months I have just been dreading having to do it again

oh I do get a kick out of the shop manual though, remove clip, remove the bolts attacthing it...sure just like that :lol:

thanks for remiding me how much this is gonna suck keith :lol: :wink:
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by oldschoolrods »

UPDATE: Last weekend I got the wipers in the proper park position, however I can't get the passanger side linkage onto the drive arm of the motor, it appears that something is binding up :cry: did i put these on in the wrong order? Thanks.
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by oldschoolrods »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Saturday first day of spring break I got them fixed. A tip if anyone has to do this, set you drive arm in the park positon and attach the driverside wiper, then connect your wiring and turn the wipers on, when it comes to the top of its travel shut the truck off and attach the passanger side and the clip, then when you turn the wipers back on they'll fall right down to the proper park position :D