TURN SIGNAL

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

TURN SIGNAL

Post by 67RED »

HEY WAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT TURN SIGNAL NOT WORKING. FUSE BLOWED A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. I REPLACED FUSE TURN SIGNAL STLL NOT WORKING.CAN ANYONE HELP
NM5K
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: TURN SIGNAL

Post by NM5K »

What does is do? Does it not work at all, or does it work, but not blink?
If it works but doesn't blink, could be the flasher is shot, or needs a wiggle,
to break corrosion in the pins... I had this happen on my 68 just this week..
My flasher was sticking "on", but not blinking...I thought the flasher was shot, and was fixing to pull it , and get a new one, but when I grabbed it, it started working again...Just bad connections on the pins... If you have no blinkers at all, it's probably a lack of power, and that will have to be traced down with a meter. Fuse, bad connections, bad ground, bad blinker switch,etc, etc...But I would still double check the flasher, just to be on the safe side... But usually, when the flasher goes bad, the blinker will still work, but not blink. MK
1968 F-250 / 300 six / T-18
Dana 60 - 4.10 Limited Slip
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

when i first turn it on a couple of low blinking sound but no light at all.then no sound at all
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

The first place to look is always under the back of the truck. I would almost bet money that you have a mess back there with old trailer light wires scabbed in with scotch locks or twisted together and taped up.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: TURN SIGNAL

Post by flyboy2610 »

willowbilly3 wrote:The first place to look is always under the back of the truck. I would almost bet money that you have a mess back there with old trailer light wires scabbed in with scotch locks or twisted together and taped up.
You have just described the back of my truck when I got it. The turn signals didn't work on mine either.
One thing I had to do was get an inline fuse holder from Radio Shack and put alligator clips on it, then 'jump' across the fuse holder in the truck. The metal in the fuse holder was corroded and not making proper contact with the fuse.
Works now. :)
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

So what did you find out on your turn signals, 67? Don't leave us in suspense.
jor
67RED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67RED »

Hi guys got my turn signal working i guess the fuse wasnt making a good connection,just moved a little then started working.thanks for the input